To work with the Muslim communities in Edmonton to help improve the lives of Muslims in the region and to enhance their contribution to society at large.
The Edmonton Council of Muslim Communities will strive to speak and act on behalf of Edmonton Muslims with fellow Canadians in a manner that protects, promotes, and enhances the understanding of Islam and Muslims in matters of public policy, education, peace, and safety.
In keeping with the Islamic traditions, the Council commits to promoting and upholding the following fundamental values:
▪ Humility, respect and steadfastness
▪ Openness in communication
▪ Non-violence of thought, word and deed
▪ Recognize, honour and value diversity (racial, cultural, and linguistic, etc.)
▪ Integrity and honesty
▪ Fairness and transparency
▪ Unity, teamwork, and collaboration
▪ Focus on what unites communities, not what divides
▪ Respect for the autonomy of individual member institutions